Carpet Cleaning Tips: From the PROs!
PRO Carpet Cleaning Tip for January:
Removing Protein-Based Stains from Carpeting
Cleaning protein-based stains in carpet:
1. Gather these household items to get started treating your protein-based stain, such as food, pasta or sauce from carpeting: a bucket of warm tap water, mild dish soap and several clean white towels.
2. Gently lift the excess food or material from the carpet
3. Saturate the remaining spill or stain area with warm water
4. Wet a clean white towel with warm water and a small amount of mild dish soap and wring out (use only white towels, as any other coloring may transfer to your carpet during the cleaning process)
5. Place the towel over the stain, and gently agitate (IMPORTANT: use only a towel and blotting with gentle motion, as scrubbing or the application of bristled products can damage carpet fibers)
6. As stain is lifted from carpet fibers into towel, turn stain-side of towel away from carpet and apply a fresh side
7. Repeat as necessary until extracted, using additional clean towels
(stain should be transferred to towel)
8. To finish, blot carpet area with fresh water-soaked towel, to remove any remaining mild dish soap in carpet fibers
9. Remaining dish soap and water can be removed with a small household carpet cleaning device, or professionally, if desired.
If you have questions... Give us a call at 651-645-0244!
Important Home Safety: Be sure to keep children and pets away from the area before cleaning, and never leave products unattended.
Will this work on an old stain? The PROs say... working with the stain as soon as possible following the spill will produce the best results, and you can always give us a call for stain removal. We've been able to successfully remove stains that have been set in carpet for quite some time, and we're happy to answer your questions!
OFFER: During January 2020, get our best carpet cleaning at a 20% discount, minimum applies. Our $149 Three-Room Special continues through February 7, 2020!
Give the pros at PRO a call: 651-645-0244!
Custom Carpet Cleaning - Safe and Green! When you call the professionals at PRO, we're happy to accommodate your request for a completely green carpet cleaning! Just let us know you prefer vinegar or plain water over standard carpet cleaning products, and we will happily adapt our process to meet your request. We're interested in helping you maintain cleaning standards that meet the special needs or desires of your household. Just ask!
All tips provided by Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners are recommendations for a best-practice process and may not be indicated for certain types of fiber. Please check with your manufacturer, manufacturer's warranty or call the professionals at PRO with any questions about the application of this process. This tip is presented as a guideline only, and Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners does not warranty or guarantee results of this process unless recommended for the specific fiber type upon inspection.