Carpet Cleaning Tips: From the Pros at PRO!
June Carpet Cleaning Tip:
Red spills of summer
Summer months bring sunshine and long-awaited warm days, with cool drinks and treats families and guests love! Snow cones, popsicles, juices, drink mixes and sports drinks in every shape and color are great summer refreshment, but the dreaded red stain is no treat for you or your carpet! This month we'll welcome summer with a tip to help you keep your cool when drips hit the rug!
Dealing with red spills and stains in carpet:
1. Gather these household items to get started treating your red carpet stain or spill: about a half-cup of sudsy ammonia, bucket of warm tap water, several clean white towels, and a household iron (heated to 'high' setting)
2. Gently blot the excess red liquid from the carpet
3. Saturate the remaining spill or stain area with sudsy ammonia
4. Wet a clean white towel with warm water and wring out (use only white towels, as any other coloring may transfer to your carpet during the following process)
5. Place this towel over the stain, and apply the hot iron to the towel for 10 seconds or less
6. As stain is lifted from carpet fibers into towel, turn stain-side of towel away from carpet and apply fresh side
7. Repeat as necessary until extracted, using additional clean towels
(red stain should be transferred to towel)
8. To finish, blot carpet area with fresh water-soaked towel, to remove any remaining ammonia in carpet fibers
9. Remaining ammonia can be removed with a small household carpet cleaning device, or professionally, if desired.
If you have questions... Give us a call at 651-645-0244!
Important Home Safety: Be sure to keep children and pets away from the area before you use this method, and never leave your iron unattended. Your iron should never directly touch your carpeting (always apply using the method above, with a damp towel in between iron and carpet).
Will this work on an old stain? Pro advice: Working with the stain as soon as possible following the spill will produce the best results - however, give us a call for stain removal. We've been able to successfully remove red stains that have been set in carpet for quite some time, and we'd be happy to answer your questions!
Custom Carpet Cleaning - Safe and Green! When you call the professionals at PRO, we're happy to accommodate your request for a completely green carpet cleaning! Just let us know you prefer vinegar or plain water over standard carpet cleaning products, and we will happily adapt our process to meet your request. We're interested in helping you maintain cleaning standards that meet the special needs or desires of your household. Just ask!
All tips provided by Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners are recommendations for a best-practice process and may not be indicated for certain types of fiber. Please check with your manufacturer, manufacturer's warranty or call the professionals at PRO with any questions about the application of this process. This tip is presented as a guideline only, and Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaners does not warranty or guarantee results of this process unless recommended for the specific fiber type upon inspection.